Working Group Chair
- Marcy Erskine, IFRC (email@example.com)
AMP works to ensure high-quality, efficient ITN distribution to ensure high coverage, retention, utilisation, care and repair with malaria prevention. This is done through updating operational guidance, organizing training workshops aimed at strengthening and sharing the skills of NMCP and partner organization staff in ITN distribution planning, and through providing in-country and distance support to NMCP and implementing partners.
Based on requests from National Malaria Control Programmes (NMCP), AMP provides globally-recognized expert technical assistance to help countries successfully plan and execute ITN mass distribution campaigns and continuous distribution strategies. Since 2002, AMP has supported 44 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
Terms of Reference
The country support working group focuses on:
- Responding to NMCP and partner requests for information, documentation or review of plans and supporting guidelines
- Reviewing requests for technical assistance and identifying the best candidates to meet a request from NMCP or implementing partners
- Supporting technical assistance providers, NMCP and implementing partners with development of documents required for mass campaign or continuous distribution of ITNs
- Ensuring quality control of all AMP products (country-specific plans and documents, operational guidance, implementation recommendations)
- Generating operational guidance when key questions or issues arise with ITN distribution planning and implementation
Working Group Update
Regular updates from the Country Support Working Group are provided on the weekly AMP conference call and noted in the minutes of the call. During technical assistance missions to countries, the TA providers develop a weekly situation report that is circulated with the AMP call reminder and minutes.
The reports and supporting documents from TA missions that have taken place since 2015 are available here.